Fritz and Lavinia Jensen Foundation
Fifteenth Annual Voice Competition
The 2014 application period is now open! Applications must be completed by March 15, 2014.
DATES: Preliminary Rounds, May 19-22, 2014 with the finals to be held on May 24, 2014. (Application deadline: March 15, 2014)
LOCATION: Baruch Performing Arts Center (BPAC), 55 Lexington at 25th Street (between Lexington and 3rd), New York, New York.
AWARDS: Awards for the 2014 Voice Competition are as follows:
- First place - $15,000;
- Second place - $10,000;
- Third place - $7,500;
- Two Todd & Danielle Munday Encouragement Awards - $3,000 and automatic entry into the following year’s competition
- Remaining finalists - $750.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to compete, an applicant must
- be a permanent legal resident of the United States for at least one year prior to May 19, 2014. Proof of residency must be submitted in the form of a copy of a U.S. passport, a permanent resident (green) card, or a U.S. birth certificate. No other documents will be accepted;
- be between the ages of 25 and 35 as of May 19, 2014;
- not be a past or current recipient of a contract with an OPERA American Budget Level I company or its international equivalent (This does NOT include cover roles, chorus or apprentice/young artist programs.); and
- submit a completed application online by the deadline of March 15, 2014.
APPLICATION FEE: $35, Non-refundable.
APPLICATION PROCESSING: Applications are submitted online through YAP Tracker.
Applications are accepted online only.
Applicants will be asked to prepare six operatic arias of contrasting styles and languages. An accompanist will be provided free of charge upon request.
Singers chosen for the finals must be available for the duration of the finals concert and awards program.
COMMUNICATION: E-mail will be the primary source of communication; therefore it is imperative that a valid address be provided with the application. The Foundation does not take responsibility for blocked or undeliverable e-mail. Additionally, it is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with the competition director if, at any time, there are questions or concerns regarding application status, aria list, or audition times.
For more information about the competition check out the FAQs, Important Dates, Past Winners, and Previous Competitions.
Questions regarding the application process or the Jensen Foundation Voice Competition should be directed to Ann Todd, Competition Director.